AURORA ENTERTAINMENT STUDIO POLICIES
JAN 2017 – DEC 2020
Our instructors reserve time on their schedules, plan for your lessons, and invest in the long-term development of each student. To provide quality lessons, the following policies need to be observed.
- A $35 non-refundable registration fee is due at initial sign-up ($20 siblings and $25 for returning students).
- Returning student is a student with one (1) or more months gap between enrollment.
- Tuition is a flat monthly fee. Most months have four (4) or five (5) lessons, and, on rare occasions, three (3) lessons when in observance of major national holidays (please refer to our calendar).
- Membership guarantees a regular weekly lesson time with your instructor.
- As a service to our valued musicians, we provide:
One (1) yearly concert performance opportunity, on a first come first serve basis.
(Accompaniments are included in membership).
One (1) yearly Honors Recital performance opportunity (based on the instructor(s)’ selection).
- Educational material, music books, instrument rental and other accessories are an additional cost.
- Students with membership may purchase additional exam or recital preparation lessons.
- Membership Tuition is due MONTHLY on the 23rd OF EACH MONTH and billed automatically to your credit card (VISA, Mastercard, American Express & Discover) or bank account on-file (“auto-pay”).
- A $30.00 late fee will be charged for payment received after the 10th of each month.
- A $34 fee will be charged for each returned check.
- Membership may be cancelled with a 14-day notice before the 1st of the month by submitting a cancellation form which can be obtained through our front desk.
- A $25.00 returning student registration fee will be required to re-enroll.
- In the event that notice is not given and the student does not appear for lessons. AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC will hold that student’s place for a two-week period and the lessons will be charged. After four weeks of absences, AURORA ENTERTAINMENTS, LLC will terminate the student’s account and all the lessons left on the student’s account will be invalid.
- Membership Cancellation will be effective as of the month NEXT TUITION is due. You may withdraw the cancellation at any time before it takes effect, but your instructor and/or time slot cannot be guaranteed.
- Membership is not transferable.
- AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC does not provide membership / package(s) / tuition refund under any circumstances.
- AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC reserves the right to terminate membership / lessons, in which case prorated tuition will be refunded.
- Students are expected to be punctual to their weekly lesson.
- Students who are late for a lesson cannot be guaranteed their lesson time.
- MAKE UP LESSONS:
1. Lessons cancelled with at least 24-hour advance notice (By text, email, phone or voicemail)
will receive a make up lesson.
2. Cancellations made with less than 24-hr notice will be count as late cancellations.
3. NO tuition credit, refund, or make up lessons will be provided for late cancellations/no-shows.
4. All make up lessons must be used within the same month of the original lesson.
5. Unused make up lessons after the original month will be invalid for redeemed.
6. Unused make up lessons CANNOT be used as tuition credit.
7. NO tuition credit or refund will be provided for unused make up lessons.
- CANCELLATIONS DUE TO ILLNESS:
1. At least 3-HOURS ADVANCE NOTICE are required for cancellations due to ILLNESS.
2. Make up lesson will be provided to students who provided us with at least 3-hours advance notice. (Please refer to “MAKE UP LESSONS” for detailed policies.)
3. Cancellations made with less than 3-hrs advance notice will be count as late cancellations.
4. ILLNESS CANCELLATIONS (3-hours advance notice) can only be used Once(1) in every two(2) months.
5. If a student happened to have more than once(1) illness cancellations, make up lessons MAY be redeemable only if a notice/letter/invoice issued by a certified U.S. doctor can be provided.
1. You may decide to change instructor or instrument with 14-day advance notice before the 1st of the month.
2. If your current instructor is unable to teach a lesson, a substitute instructor will be arranged.
3. If your regular instructor becomes unavailable, you will be provided a new instructor with similar teaching style, or the opportunity to choose a new instructor.
4. AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC reserves the right to reassign a music lesson student to a different instructor if necessary.
- SUMMER (JUNE,JULY,AUGUST) & WINTER (NOVEMBER,DECEMBER)
1.You may exceptionally put a membership on “Vacation Hold” for up to two (2) months with a 14-day notice before the 1st of the month.
2. Your lesson time and instructor will be reserved only by pre-paying tuition for the month following a vacation hold.
CARE OF STUDENTS
- AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students.
You assume all risk of injury of harm to the child(ren) or adult(s) associated with participation in musical activities at AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC and agree to release, indemnify, defend and forever discharge AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC and its officers and staff from all liability, claims, demands, damages, costs, and expenses in the unlikely event of injury sustained by your child(ren) or adult student during the course or as a result of their participation in AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC musical activities.
- PHOTO(S) / VIDEO(S) RELEASE:
Unless requested in writing, AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC is granted permission to take photographs/videos of the students to use in brochures, websites, posters, advertisements, and other promotional materials AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC creates. Permission is also hereby granted for AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC to copyright such photographs in its name.