AURORA ENTERTAINMENT STUDIO POLICIES
2017 – 2018
Our instructors reserve time on their schedules, plan for your lessons, and invest in the long-term development of each student. To provide quality lessons, the following policies need to be observed.
1. A $35 non-refundable registration fee is due at initial sign-up ($15 discount for siblings and $10 for returning students).
2. Returning student is a student with one (1) or more months gap between enrollment.
3. Tuition is a flat monthly fee. Most months have four (4) or five (5) lessons, and, on rare occasions, three (3) lessons when in observance of major national holidays (please refer to our calendar).
4. Membership guarantees a regular weekly lesson time with your instructor.
5. As a service to our valued musicians, we provide:
◦ One (1) yearly concert performance opportunity at no additional cost (Summer Concert), on a first come first serve basis. (Accompaniments are included in membership).
◦ One (1) yearly Honors Recital performance opportunity (based on the instructor(s)’ selection).
6. Educational material, music books, instrument rental and other accessories are an additional cost.
7. Students with membership may purchase additional exam or recital preparation lessons.
8. Membership Tuition is due monthly on the 1st of each month and billed automatically to your credit card (VISA, Mastercard, American Express & Discover) or bank account on-file (“auto-pay”).
9. A $30.00 late fee will be charged for payment received after the 10th of each month for non auto-pay members.
10. A $34 fee will be charged for each returned check.
1. Membership may be cancelled with a 14-day notice before the 1st of the month by submitting a cancellation form which can be obtained through our front desk. (A $25.00 returning student registration fee will be required to re-enroll).
2. Cancellation will be effective as of the month NEXT TUITION is due. You may withdraw the cancellation at any time before it takes effect, but your instructor and/or time slot cannot be guaranteed.
3. Membership is not transferable.
4. AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC does not provide tuition refund under any circumstances.
5. AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC reserves the right to terminate membership, in which case prorated tuition will be refunded.
1. Students are expected to be punctual to their weekly lesson.
2. Students who are late for a lesson cannot be guaranteed their lesson time.
3. Missed Lesson:
◦ NO tuition credit or refund will be provided for missed lessons.
◦ A Make-up Lesson Pass will be issued when a lesson is cancelled with at least 24-hour advance notice (By text, email or online).
◦ Cancellations made with less than 24-hour notice will not qualify for a Make-up Lesson pass.
◦ The Make-up Lesson Pass expires 30 days after the membership ends. It can be used to schedule Make-up lesson at any time with your instructor or a substitute, based on availability.
◦ Make-up lessons cannot be rescheduled and Make-up Lesson Passes cannot be cumulated (Only one Make-up Lesson Pass can be available at a time).
◦ You may decide to change instructor or instrument with 14-day advance notice before the 1st of the month.
◦ If your current instructor is unable to teach a lesson, a substitute instructor will be arranged.
◦ If your regular instructor becomes unavailable, you will be provided a new instructor with similar teaching style, or the opportunity to choose a new instructor.
5. Summer (June, July, August):
◦ You may exceptionally put a membership on “Summer Hold” for up to two (2) months with a 14-day notice before the 1st of the month.
◦ Your lesson time and instructor will be reserved only by pre-paying tuition for the month following a Summer Hold (Latest resume date is September 1st).
◦ While on Summer Hold, students may exceptionally purchase individual lesson passes.
Care of Students
1. AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students.
You assume all risk of injury of harm to the child(ren) or adult(s) associated with participation in musical activities at AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC and agree to release, indemnify, defend and forever discharge AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC and its officers and staff from all liability, claims, demands, damages, costs, and expenses in the unlikely event of injury sustained by your child(ren) or adult student during the course or as a result of their participation in AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC musical activities.
3. Photo/Video Release:
Unless requested in writing, AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC is granted permission to take photographs/videos of the students to use in brochures, websites, posters, advertisements, and other promotional materials AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC creates. Permission is also hereby granted for AURORA ENTERTAINMENT, LLC to copyright such photographs in its name.